Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Happy Humpday Facebook!! The significance of facebook in my own life

So a cousin of mine that I am close to got into a big argument last week. We have not talked in over a week but this morning I woke up and checked my facebook and their was a post on his wall that he knew deep inside would provoke me to begin a conversation with him. I honestly believe that you only fight with people that you really care about (because if you didn't give a darn, you wouldn't waste the effort) so to get to the point of the my story (the significance of facebook) Honestly, I have over 500 facebook friends (some family, some people I grew up with, some current friends, some my daughter's friends etc- You get the point-) Just basically alot of people!!! Do I have time to talk to them people everyday via phone or face to face? Of course not. How do I know if they are having real problems in their life and need me to take time to call them or be there? FACEBOOK!! I see what is going on with them in their everyday life via facebook That is the truth. In the past week, I found out my niece has strep, 2 of my childhood friends parents had died, another friend's mother was in a horrible car accident, 4 friends are expecting a baby, 1 got a really huge job promotion etc. If I was not a member of facebook, I probably wouldn't know all this. 6 of my friends had birthdays this past week and I got to wish them a happy birthday. If it wasn't for facebook, I probably wouldn't have known all this (because simply, none of us have time to call everyone in our lives everyday) Social networking is the best (which is why I take the time to make my facebook page a place that is funny, informative and a place that my friends know they can visit and that I am there. I LOVE FACEBOOK!!! If you don't have a facebook account, you need to get one.

Happy Humpday fellow facebook lovers. OK- I'm done babbling. Here is your funny facebook stuff for humpday

No comments:

Post a Comment