Saturday, February 18, 2012

LOL- It's amazing how one little facebook post can blow your page up

I have to laugh tonight. Do you wonder how many people actually read your posts on facebook? More than you probably think. Facebook can either make a person love you or hate you LOL. This morning, I was watching a tribute to Whitney Houston on TV. My husband came in and said something. As a playful post on facebook, I typed something directed at him and it's amazing the debate that one post caused today. In fact, I am going to post it for you (excluding names of the posters of course - For their own privacy)

My posts back will be in bold

My husband can be so rude at times LOL. I am watching the tribute to Whitney Houston on E this morning. (loved her music) and Tim says - Guess what honey? Whitney has been clean and sober for 7 days now :-( Than he says, she didn't fight for our country so not interested in watching about her life. This was my original post and below is the debate that continued

First poster said: Sad!!! May she rest in peace.


Second Post said: I agree with your husband.....smart man !


Third Post said: Yeah I doubt she died from an overdose because they only found xanax in her system. She probably had a heart atttack caused by her drug abuse from the past.

Fourth Post said: Sorry michelle I agree with your husband.
11 hours ago · Like.

My Post: I think the people that fight for our country definately do not get enough recognition. I agree with that. But just because somebody doesn't fight for our country doesn't mean that their death shouldn't be recognized. Whitney Houston had alot of beauty and talent and it is sad to see that wasted like that. I have never been in the military. I admire and respect everyone that is. In the same aspect, if I died, I wouldn't want people not to remember me because I didn't serve in the military. Every life is unique in it's own way
11 hours ago · Like.

Next Post: True Michelle. I have seen many people commenting about folks in the military that die while serving. First of all this has nothing in common with the death of Whitney. Secondly, people who serve made that decision they weren't drafted so they know what they are signing up for. ANY LIFE LOST regardless of how and why should be given the same respect.
11 hours ago · Unlike · 2.

Next Post: You are rite but it seems like when a star dies they get more recognized then our military.
11 hours ago · Like.

Next Post: Whitney chose a life of drugs and alcohol, does that make her a martor......Sorry can't agree with all the attention this is getting, especially flying flag @ half mast.......Frank Sinatra was from Hobokin NJ and never got this much air time when he died
11 hours ago · Like · 1.

Next Post: It is absolutely pathetic, that the state of New Jersey have there flags at half staff in honor of a drug addict. The soldiers that arrive dead here, don't even get a flag at half staff. The state of New Jersey should be ashamed of there self.
11 hours ago · Like · 1.

Next Post: Like I mentioned previously, they only found xanax in her system. It was prescribed to her. I'm telling you guys that she probably had a heart attack. Its your right to disagree with the media attention or to call her a drug addict but at the end of the day, we all have issues some more severe than others so it is cruel and unfair to disrespect someone after they pass. I'm sure many of you have addicts and alcoholics in your family that you love dearly and would defend til the death. Imagine how her family feels right now and how you would feel and stop with the hatred and low blows! Its tacky and classless!
11 hours ago · Unlike · 3.

Next Post: Plus Sinatra got plenty of headlines and media spots when he passed.
11 hours ago · Like.


I said: OK- I am not saying that our soldiers don't deserve more recognition. In the same respect, our soldiers also don't get the same attention as all these football players do. Sunday after Sunday, facebook is blowing up about football and the football players and I don't see anyone on facebook bitching about the fact that football gets more attention than our soldiers. It's society. Whitney Houston was a celebrity. Her voice was awesome. It's sad to see that she did things to harm her body (but come on, we all do. If you smoke, if you drink, If you take any type of prescription drug than you are doing something to harm your body) Does that mean that we don't deserve to be loved??? If people want to mourn her, that is their given right. I bet some of the same people sitting here complaining about Whitney's death getting attention wouldn't be doing the same thing if it was a celebrity or football player that they liked or enjoyed. If all these people are so worried about Whitney Houston's death getting more attention than our soldiers than I would like to see those same people take their time and money that they spend watching football and donate it to the troops. The football players aren't out there fighting for our country either. They are chasing a ball around a field but yet they still get much more attention and time than our military gets. Not trying to argue with anyone- but these are the facts.
11 hours ago · Like · 1.


Next Post: Wow Michelle you hit the nail on the head. Most comments related to her death are made out of sheer ignorance and hatred. God forbid if they should lose someone close to them.
10 hours ago · Like.

Next Post: I cant speak for everyone but I will say it is sad she is gone she had a amazing voice. On the other.hand as much as.i love football no player will ever be more important than the men and woman that give their lives for this country
10 hours ago · Like.

Next Post: I do take time and my hard working money and donate to the military people. I have spent time sending stuff to them. When I'm anywhere, if there is a military person there I will buy them lunch, dinner or so on. U struck the wrong nerve with me. Military is a big deal in my family. I guess I do more for soldiers than u can say u do, so watch what u say.
10 hours ago · Like.


I Post- Not trying to strike a nerve. I love, respect and admire our military. The whole point of my post has been lost. My father in law served over in afghanistan for 18 months. I am making a point. People are getting so much smack on facebook for saying something nice about Whitney Houston. Everyone is comparing Whitney Houston's death coverage to the lack of coverage our military gets. I agree that every soldier (whether they are alive or dead deserves our fullest attention, they deserve everything. I am just saying that football gets more attention on facebook than our troops do. People have a right to talk about things that they enjoy. so for the people giving other people a hard time because they posted something about Whitney Houston in a positive way shouldn't be doing that. This has nothing to do about my feelings for people that serve for our country. It has to do with people having the right to talk about stuff they are interested in. Just the same as facebook blows up every Sunday about football
10 hours ago · Like · 1.



I post: and I'm not saying that people on here don't donate time and money to our military. I am not saying that the people posting do not care about our military. I am saying that if people want to talk about Whitney Houston, they have the right and shouldn't be downed for it. Just the same as the football lovers on here do.
10 hours ago · Like · 1.



Next Post: Guess what....opinions are like assholes .......everyone has one. Its called the fifth amendment ....freedom of speech.....its what our soldiers fight for ...everyone has demons, unfortunately she lost her life to hers....any lose of life is sad ...
9 hours ago · Unlike · 4.



I said Well said (and that person's name) :-))
9 hours ago · Like · 1.


Next Post: Swag!
8 hours ago · Like.


Next Post:Im a military brat...and I read this and understood what you meant. I saw more post about the penn state coach dieing...then I did about Whitney. I dont think she was a hero...I thought she had a beautiful voice. I loved her in the movies she was in. Her music was a big part of my childhood. Im still shocked that she is gone. I think they should fly the flag half mast in Jersey. She gave them alot of pride being from there. Yea...she had a drug problem. At least she admitted it...and got help. Its not like she saw a kid being molested and just told her bosses about it...and nothing else. I thought it was brave of you to post this Michelle...I really do. Im sorry people took it so wrong. I understood what you meant...and your apology after this post was sweet...but not necessary for some of us..I also think that more things should be done for our military...and I doubt there will ever be enough thanks giving to them...especially when they risk their life for our freedom.
8 hours ago · Unlike · 4.

Next Post True, never apologize for what you believe in.
7 hours ago · Unlike · 1

Ok so that was the first facebook debate for today. So than I thought about it and thought that I may have offended some people so I post a new post on my facebook

Here goes this one
OK- Let me apologize if I offended anyone this morning. What started as a playful post directed towards my husband turned into a big debate :-( I was in no way saying that our troops don't deserve more coverage because they absolutely do. I was watching a tribute to Whitney Houston this morning and Tim told me to turn that crap off. She didn't fight for our country so doesn't deserve coverage so my response to him was that the football players don't fight for our country either (but they still get alot of coverage) He is a football fanatic and I was just making a contradiction to his statement to me. It was in no way meant to down anyone or anyone's love for our military :-(

(This is the apology post that the one poster was talking about)


Than I posted this one

It is astonishing to me that when somebody dies, people are so quick to pick them apart for their faults and focus on those faults but forget about all the person's good and strong qualities also. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is not a person in this world that is perfect. We all have made mistakes. We also all have good qualities in us as well. When somebody dies, it's a tragedy. The good things that they did in life deserve to be recognized and remembered. That is what a funeral is about. Celebrating a person's life- Not to tear them apart for their flaws. Whitney Houston paid the ultimate price for her flaws- She lost her life. Does that make her a horrible person? NO!! If it does than guess what, we are all horrible people. SMH RIP Whitney. Your music will truly be missed. My sympathy goes out to her family and friends and everyone suffering alot of pain because of her death

and here goes the responses LOL I love facebook. I love it more for posting funny statuses. It's amazing though the response I get just by posting something on my own wall. These posts came today from something my husband had said and watching people bash the coverage that Whitney Houston's death was getting (and boy did I get people fired up LOL)


First Post: THANK YOU!!!!
7 hours ago · Unlike · 1.

Second Post: I like that.
7 hours ago · Like.

Thirst Post: Agreed I lost a brother to drugs and anyone who thinks that it is so easy to just drop drugs must be on then. I watched him over and over for years plead for help but with no insurance he could get no help. Im my eyes he was still one of the best people ever, RIP Whitney...
7 hours ago · Unlike · 1.

I said: I lost my own brother to drugs as well. I am just aggravated about all these people downing Whitney. Yes, she made mistakes and she paid the price for it. Alcohol is also a drug but alot of people drink it. Do they deserve not to be recognized for their good they did in life when they die because they did something that wasn't good for them? People can be so fickle- It's ridiculous Actually, not ridiculous- It's sad!! It's sad that people can have such one sided thinking
7 hours ago · Like · 1.

Next Post: People do it to others even before they die!! So judgmental and hypocritical...
7 hours ago · Unlike · 1.

I said: So true .
7 hours ago · Like.



Next Post: The difference is, you have people in our own city who at one time were great mothers and great fathers. People that were on top of the world at one point in their life. Something tragic happened and they turned to drugs as an escape. They lost everything including their life! It happens everyday. Anyone feel bad for them? Of course not! They didn't play in a movie or sing on the radio! This was her choice! She chose to live the life she did and now her daughter has what? Everyone has problems in their life! You have to choose how to deal with them. Do I feel bad she passed? Yes. Does she deserve the praise she is getting? Nope.
6 hours ago · Like.


Next Post: Remember, everyone has an opinion. If you put it out there, expect it to be picked apart. I don't agree with all the praise so I choose not to watch it.
6 hours ago · Like.

I said but (that person's name), that is how our society is. I'm not saying that it's right and I'm not saying that everyone shouldn't be recognized. If I know about the people that this happens to, I do feel sorry for them. Yes, she chose to live the life that she did and she paid the price. In the same respect, half of these football players that get all the praise they get don't deserve it either but it happens because they are celebrities. I definately respect everyone's opinion and I have seen so many posts by people on their own facebook walls this past week that I hated and wanted to dispute but didn't Why? because they have a right to their opinion and they posted it on their own walls. My beliefs were posted on my own wall. People will read it or they wont. Some will agree with me and some will disagree. I respect that.
6 hours ago · Like.


Next Post: Sometimes u just have to agree to disagree!!!!
6 hours ago · Unlike · 1.



I said: Agreed!!!! LOL
6 hours ago · Like.

Next Post: But....I agree with Michelle ....lmao
6 hours ago · Unlike · 1.

Next Post: Here is a good example....everyone was soooooo forgiving of Michael Vick after he was found guilty of orchestrating a huge dog fighting ring that cost soooooo many dogs their lives.....but that was ok because "my god....he can throw a football...and he did his time in prison and what he does in his spare time shouldn't be held against what a talented football player he is"...blah blah blah blah blah.....when then the same holds true for Whitney.....
6 hours ago · Like.

I said: AMEN!!!!!!!! Thank you Tricia :-)
6 hours ago · Unlike · 1.


Next Post Whoop whoop....
6 hours ago · Unlike · 1.

Next Post: Ok, not everyone was forgiving of Vick. He should still be in prison. I don't care what he can throw.
6 hours ago · Unlike · 2.

I said: OK guys I have to go get ready to throw a ball myself tonight haha (well roll a ball or whatever) (I had to get ready for bowling and honestly had enough debate time for a day LOL)
6 hours ago · Like · 1.

Next Post: I feel like Vick paid the time that he was given even though what he did was wrong. But he served what they gave him. Poor Whitney obviously had a problem but God bless her and may she RIP, it was really none of our business anyway...
24 minutes ago · Like


I only just shared that with you because I only wish that people paid as much attention to me in real life as they do to my facebook posts LOL Gotta LOVE FACEBOOK

and on another note: Here are some funnies




Have a great weekend

Visit the first 100 funny facebook status updates that I posted for some good laughs Here is the link

No comments:

Post a Comment